The quintessential English village of Eardisland is just a short stroll from the park entrance.
It offers a community shop for those essentials; a couple of proper village pubs - serving food and local ales; a cracking tea room - with a log burner for those chilly days; a children's play area, a bowling green, church, river walks... the list goes on.
Eardisland is part of The Black and White Village Trail, which explores the villages of half-timbered, black and white houses to be found in this area of northern Herefordshire.
The parish is characterised by rolling arable and pastoral farmland and ancient apple and cider apple orchards.
The Church of England parish church of St. Mary the Virgin has an early 13th-century nave, two early 14th-century tomb recesses and a 14th-century porch. The architect Henry Curzon substantially renewed the building in 1864.
Just north of the church is the overgrown motte of Eardisland Castle, surrounded by a moat.
Eardisland has a restored AA box which is the oldest in England. The community shop was opened in the 17th-century dovecote, it is staffed and run by volunteers.